Purpose & Mission Statement:
Our primary purpose is to glorify God through a lifestyle of Spirit – led prayer that always seeks His will and for His glory to be known on earth. This is accomplished in two ways:
- As Jesus’ earthly ministry was marked by intimate, unbroken fellowship with the Father through constant prayer, so we seek to encourage increasing intimacy with the Father by emphasizing a deepening spiritual life of the individual through prayer. As we, as individuals, draw closer to God His glory will be more and more displayed through the life of Jesus Christ in us. We believe in and practice the Biblical model of individual prayer as a lifestyle.
- As the disciples gathered together to pray (Acts 1-6) God always responded in ways that clearly displayed His glory and power. This demonstrated the truth of Jesus’ words, “Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by My Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them,” (Matt. 18:19-20) and, “And I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask Me for anything in My name, and I will do it.” (John 14:13-14)
- We believe in the power of prayer because it is the power of God. We believe God desires to answer our prayers for His glory and for our greater good.
- We believe in the Sovereignty of God’s answers to our prayers.
- We believe that in response to our Spirit – led prayers God can and will transform our individual lives, our families, our church, our community, our nation and our world.
- We believe in answered prayer when we pray according to God’s will, and pray believing in the faithfulness of God Himself.
- We believe that prayer is a sacred privilege given to us by God. We confess it is only through Jesus’ death on the cross, resurrection and ascension into heaven, and His life indwelling us through the power of the Holy Spirit that we are able to pray.
- We believe in prayer accompanied by fasting as a way to submit ourselves to God, seeking His will and His answers to our prayers.
- We believe that we, as disciples of Jesus Christ by the power of His Holy Spirit, are called to intercede even as Jesus in heaven “always lives to intercede.” (Heb 7:25)
- We believe that it is only because of the great grace, mercy and loving kindness of our Holy God that He has given us this great privilege of knowing and becoming one with Him through prayer.
“It is written,” [Jesus] said to them, “My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations.” Matthew 12:13
As richly blessed children of God we are commanded to pray. “And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.” (Eph. 6:18) “Pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” (1 Thess. 5:17-18)
So, let us come “boldy” to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive His mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. – Hebrews 4:16
Come on out for Public Prayer every Sunday morning at 9:00 AM, and every other Tuesday night at 7:00 PM.
Iron Angel’s come together to pray every Sunday morning at 10:15 AM at the FBCF Prayer Garden (to the left of the church).
JD Tew (910) 624-0679
Ted Hammond (910) 850-1491
Bryan Brown (910) 391-4837