Mission & Purpose Statement:
To support and enhance the Vision, Mission, and Core values of Freedom Biker Church by creating, providing, and supporting an environment and atmosphere where people are “welcome” and feel a sense of “belonging.”
- The friendly reception and treatment of guests or strangers.
- The quality or disposition of receiving and treating guests and strangers in a warm, friendly, generous way.
– “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.” – 1 Peter 4:8-10
– “Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. 11 Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. 12 Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. 13 When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality.” – Romans 12:10-13
– “Keep on loving each other as brothers and sisters. 2 Don’t forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it!” – Hebrews 13:1
– And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’ – Matthew 25:40
The Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas below:
- Greet people, speak to people, smile, talk to people, be friendly to everyone… have the right Attitude (Phil 2:5). Make people feel welcome… feel like they belong here! We’re here to minister to People! Make them “thirsty” for Christ!
- Refreshments stocked and available at all times at FBCF. (Coffee, Sodas, Water, etc…)
- The Home Team will ensure an adequate supply of inventory on hand and available at the Church facility for all services and events at FBCF.
- If up and coming services or events exceed normal supply and demand, the Home Team would adjust inventory to ensure adequate supply and demand for the service and/or event. Example: Thanksgiving. Because of the meal we exceed the normal supply and demand of refreshments.
- Inventory includes but is not limited to: Water, Soda, Coffee, Snacks, Cups, Plates, Bowls, Napkins, Paper towels, Utensils, Condiments, etc…
- Home Team will prepare, set-up, serve, monitor, clean-up the Coffee Kiosk and refreshment area at FBCF for all events/services. (We need to discuss the “self-service” of refreshments. People have been serving themselves for 3 years and we need to be wise and gentle in how we make transitions so we don’t come across in a negative or ‘greedy’ manner.)
- The Home Team will work together with the Cooking Team for any meals and/or food served at Freedom Biker Church, or other events in the community sponsored by FBCF.
- The Home team will be involved with all events that are scheduled at the Church facility unless other arrangements have been made. (Example: A Wedding party may have their rehearsal dinner or Wedding reception catered at the Church. All we would need is someone from the Home Team to assist the caterers.)
- Home Team Involvement with events in the community, will be determined by Pastors, Staff and those heading up the specific event.
- Primary communication to Home Team will made by the Pastors and/or Staff and those heading up an event. The Cooking Team may request help from the Home Team, just as the Home Team may request help from the Cooking Team for any event. Be flexible, ask questions, seek advice and counsel and communicate to make sure all bases are covered.
- The Home Team will help with planning, preparing, set-up, serving, monitoring, breakdown and clean-up at services and events at FBCF.
- The Home Team and Cooking Teams must work together and communicate frequently and effectively to ensure that all areas/bases are covered for FBCF services and events when food is involved.
- The following is not an ‘all inclusive’ list of events but an example of what events may take place: Breakfast, Snacks at Coffee Kiosk, Thanksgiving meal, Orientation meals, Iron Men & Iron Angels events, Weddings, Funerals, Rides/Poker Runs, Chopper Church Events, FBCF Cook-outs, Concerts, Movie night, Facility or Property “work-days”, Etc…
- The Home Team will perform and keep an up to date inventory of supplies to ensure supplies are not aging out and that we are good stewards of God’s resources. (There may be some overlap with inventories, therefore the Home Team Leader and Cooking Team Leader NEED to communicate effectively and frequently… asking questions to ensure coverage and any overspending on supplies, food & materials.)
- The Home Team will assist “as needed and requested” with ‘Special’ Events. Events where FBCF may be involved but not sponsoring the event. Includes but is not limited to Weddings, Funerals, Rides, Poker Runs, Bike Night, Other events?
- Pastors and/or Staff will notify Home Team Leader of these events if they are needed. (Our purpose remains the same regardless if it’s an FBCF sponsored event or sponsored by some other organization.)
- Be flexible and be willing to adapt to the situation, circumstances and event. Plan and prepare for the worst situation and pray for the best! We are Christ’s Ambassadors and His Witnesses. If anyone is unsure about their role, responsibilities, duties, or involvement they should ask questions, seek advice & counsel from Pastors and/or Staff.
Note: As we work on and hammer out “procedures”… the roles, responsibilities of each team will be more visible and clearly defined. However, until God brings us the leadership for those areas… and until procedures are worked out, there will be “overlapping” roles and responsibilities. We MUST communicate effectively, frequently and remain flexible. It’s impossible to document everything and every detail, therefore, we MUST communicate with each other, ask questions, share opinions, seek advice, and counsel and above all else we must honor God and fulfill the purpose for why we’re here… see # 1.
- The Home Team will be responsible for the following areas: Coffee Kiosk, Kitchen, and Kitchenette area. The Home Team should ensure theses areas are clean, organized, well-maintained, stocked, and supplied properly. It needs to look professional. There should be a place for everything and everything in its place. (If there’s any question about the level of cleanliness or organization, please seek input, counsel, or advice from Pastors and/or Staff.)
- The Home Team will prepare, set-up, monitor, clean-up and ensure adequate supplies on hand and available for our Communion service, which are held the first Sunday of every Quarter.
- Communion services are first Sunday of every quarter.
- The Home Team Leader should seek out, develop, minister and mentor those at Freedom with the gift of Hospitality. They should be encouraged and asked to become involved with the Home Team using their gift of Hospitality for God to reach others for Jesus Christ.
Joyce Whitten (910) 257-4927
Kevin Whitten (910) 797-7731