“Couples Loving Under Trust-Commitment-Holiness”
Our purpose is to honor, glorify, worship, and praise God with our life and the way we live our life in our relationships; relationships that honor & glorify God according to His Holy Word. We strive to ‘obey’ God’s Word, God’s ways, and God’s will in fellowship with others Believers and Followers of Jesus Christ who have the same desire, purpose and objective. “Couples” are defined by our “Statement of Faith” according to God’s Holy Word the Bible. These are outlined on our website under “What We Believe” as well as in our “Orientation Manual” as follows:
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 NLT – If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.
4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 8 Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever! 9 Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture! 10 But when the time of perfection comes, these partial things will become useless. 11 When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. 12 Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.
13 Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.
About Marriage* – We believe that marriage is the uniting of one MAN and one WOMAN in covenant committed for a lifetime. It is God’s unique gift to reveal the union between Christ and His church and to provide for the man and the women in marriage the framework for intimate companionship, the channel of sexual expression according to biblical standards, and the means for procreation of the human race.
Scripture references: Genesis 1:26-28; 2:15-25; 3:1-20; Deuteronomy 6:4-8; Matthew 5:31-32; 18:2-5; Ephesians 5:21-33; 2 Timothy 5:8, 14; Titus 2:3-5
C.L.U.T.C.H. is an all-inclusive group, in which we welcome all couples that have the expectation to honor God in their relationships. Examples of such couples may be, but not limited to: married couples, engaged couples, dating couples, etc… all couples in a relationship in which they want to become stronger in their faith in obeying God’s Word, build relationships with other couples, as well as setting the goal of following what scripture has defined as becoming a Godly marriage. Scripture References: Ephesians 5:31, Hebrews 13:4, Matthew 19:4-6
- TBD – can vary dependent upon group agreement
Each meeting opens with:
- Blessing on food which everyone has brought to share (anything from snacks to main dishes and desserts (30 minutes of food and fellowship)
- CLUTCH opens with prayer (single person)
- Welcome of new guests or visitors checking out the group to determine if they want to participate in this type of setting…
- Review of any old discussion items carried over from previous meeting.
- Recognition of monthly birthdays, anniversaries (typically recognized at first meeting of each month)
- Blank group prayer request list passed around for people to write down specific prayer requests
- C.L.U.T.C.H. contact information form passed out to new couples, so information can be obtained and then added to the “contact list” which everyone receives.
- Devotion is typically given by facilitator or anyone that has volunteered to do so. Devotions are scripture based related to communication, relationships, struggles, etc… things that are pertinent to growth as individuals or as couples. There are no topics predetermined that can’t be shared, as long as the information is supported by God’s Holy Word (the bible), and taken in context of its true meaning. DVD presentations are also used on topical information, as well as personal testimonies.
- Close in prayer
Facilitator follow –up:
Shortly after each meeting, the facilitator emails out to the group: Meeting’s prayer list, new updated contact list, and also a copy of the devotional shared if available.
Once per Quarter, Monthly (or as determined by the group) CLUTCH schedules events / activities for the CLUTCH group to build relationships, fellowship, discipleship and to introduce other couples to Christ through CLUTCH.
Howard Smith (910) 818-7536 Email: email@example.com
Donna Smith (910) 818-3316 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org